Regular Hours 6am to 2:30pm, additional OT may be required
The Loading Cutter will keep the cutter supplied with glass from the inventory area using an overhead hoist and suction cup system to select a single large panel of raw glass and transport to a glass cutting table. Must be able to watch the cutter for visual cues to maintain product flow. Provide assistance to the cutter as needed, including using hand tools to break off waste glass and remove to dumpsters.
- Safely operate an overhead hoist and cutting table maintain daily inspection/ safety checks on Hoist and lifting devices
- Read work order paperwork to ensure the correct size and type of glass is selected
- Report any issues or incidents to supervisor
- Inspect table and keep free of debris to prevent scratches to glass panels
- Main responsibility is to keep tables loaded with glass sheets at all times
- Must be able to hold a hoisting license with DOT medical card
- Ability to handle physical workload of glass panels up to 75 pounds by hand
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate safe movement of glass panels
- This company fabricates commercial glass panels and mirrors. Must be able to handle heavy loads of 75 pounds on a regular basis with careful manipulation to avoid glass breakage. Must be willing to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle standard loading dock hand equipment, carts, pallet jacks, dollies, etc.
- Must be very comfortable with a tape measure to make frequent measurements to assure cut glass conforms to work order specifications
Indoor work site, but prone to temperature swings due to presence of glass firing ovens in the same factory space.
Applicants without direct industry experience may be referred to a WGM Fabricators partner labor agency for initial skills assessment.
- Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
- Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
- Willingness to move into other areas as needed / Ability to cross train in other areas as needed.
- PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- PASS A DRUG SCREEN
- Can work overtime as needed
- Fluent reading and writing in English to process work orders
- Must read tape measure without hesitation
- Good Hand Eye coordination a must
- Common sense thinking
- Dot medical for fork lift and overhead hoist
- Reliable to show up everyday on time
We are always ready to meet responsible, hard working individuals seeking employment in
the glass fabrication industry.
We are proud to be a true American Factory that offers job security & growth potential. At
WOON-TECH we value integrity and the willingness to work above all.
If you do not have a resume, we still want to hear why you might be a great fit for us. Simply
fill out the fields below with your information.