Regular Hours 6am to 2:30pm, FIRST SHIFT additional OT may be required
Regular Hours 10pm to 7:30am, THIRD SHIFT additional OT may be required
- Read and Write in English fluently (Computer displays and computer generated documents must be read rapidly in fine detail.
- Operate an edging machine and apply edging details to glass panels per work order instructions.
- Reliable transportation that enables consistent reporting to work on time and the ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Excellent tape measure skills. Ability to work in both SAE and Metric units
- Strength to manipulate glass panels with diligent control, some as heavy as 75 pounds
- Memory skills to retain place in process flow e.g. a job may call out 4 pieces of glass, operator must be able to know they are working on panel # 3 of 4 pieces and match the size of panel # 3 to the drawing and spec sheet for panel # 3.
- Attention to detail. Ability to look for fine imperfections in glass panels and flag them for quality failure.
- Light paperwork to keep grouped panels labelled together and to update work order and job tickets.
- Early training will involve handling glass at the end of the tempering oven. Dexterity to wrap glass panels in protective wrap and to place corner protectors carefully so as to protect the glass and prevent smudges and hand marks if they have no experience
- Move glass from Edger machine to a rolling cart with diligent care and match panel sizes to work orders and apply stickers and protective foam per instructions.
- Must be mindful of wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times ordered.
- Job involves worker remaining near hot equipment and at other times may require moving from hot areas to open space allowing for rapid temperature changes (heat stress precautions are in place) while wearing protective garments.
- Place finished glass on cart and prepare for next work station
- With training, master machine operation and learn trouble shooting skills for machinery
- Must have 3 years previous experience in a Glass ending equipment (Hyion,gemy,ve500 v10,PR88,PR99)
- Computer experience is a MUST
- Must be able to hold a hoisting license with DOT medical card
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate safe movement of glass panels
- Read work orders and label glass panels with dimensions and relevant processing data
- Ability to handle standard loading dock hand equipment, carts, pallet jacks, dollies, etc.
Combination of indoor and outdoor work areas, exposure to weather related elements from time to time such as loading docks and work sites.
- Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Can rotate glass panels to feed machinery
- Strong spatial awareness to avoid contact between unfinished glass edges and unprotected skin.
- Minimum of 6 months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
- Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
- Willingness to move into other areas as needed / Ability to cross train in other areas as needed.
- PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- PASS A DRUG SCREEN
- Can work overtime as needed
- Finish paperwork to ensure proper delivery and order completion
- Willingness to learn from peers and ability to participate in a team, but also able to work alone under a supervisor’s instructions without peer support.
Prior glass edging experience a major plus and is eligible for immediate wage review for qualified experienced candidates.
We are always ready to meet responsible, hard working individuals seeking employment in
the glass fabrication industry.
We are proud to be a true American Factory that offers job security & growth potential. At
WOON-TECH we value integrity and the willingness to work above all.
If you do not have a resume, we still want to hear why you might be a great fit for us. Simply
fill out the fields below with your information.